The website www.apetech.com.tr (“Website”) is operated by APETECH OTOMOTİV DAĞITIM ve TİCARET A.Ş. (“APETECH”, “we” or “us”). As data controller APETECH is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our website, in particular in connection with the Tech Corner registration, the Tech Corner user detail update or the EOS user detail update. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material and requesting further services, e.g. name, email address, job function, post code, country or preferred language. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, when you register to participate in marketing activities or sign up for our newsletter and when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us (e.g. to request information or materials or to submit questions or comments to us), we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details you provide if you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways;
We may also record the IP address you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices uses to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet.
2. How do we use the information we collect from you?
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required by law) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities.
We may also, with your consent (if required), use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you (subject to the applicable laws).
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
4. Cookies and similar technologies
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our website.
Current versions of web browsers offer enhanced user controls regarding the placement and duration of both first and third party cookies. Search for “cookies” under your web browser’s “Help menu” for more information on cookie management features available to you. You can enable or disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. You can also find out how to do this, and find more information on cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org. However, if you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you may be unable to complete certain activities on our websites or to correctly access certain parts of it. If you would like more information about interest-based advertising, including how to opt-out of these cookies, please visit http://youronlinechoices.eu/.
4.2 Use of Web Beacons.
Some of our Web pages may contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages or viewed our newsletters. Web beacons collect only limited information which include a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. These beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign.
4.3 Google Analytics
5. Where we store your data and to whom we may disclose your data
We store your personal data on our servers located in Germany and the United Kingdom.
We may share your personal information with other members of our group if this is necessary e.g. to process an order. We also use an external marketing agency located in the UK. This agency acts as our data processor on our behalf and our instructions and my not use this data for own purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to comply with our statutory obligations or to protect or enforce the rights, property, or safety of TRW Ausrüstung GmbH, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Transfer of your data outside the European Economic Area
7. Our marketing communications with you
In accordance with applicable law and where required with your consent, we may use the information you give us on our website for electronic direct marketing purposes (e.g. receiving our newsletters or other communications that we think may interest).
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
8. Your right of access to your information
You are entitled to see the information held about you. If you wish to do this, please contact us at [email@example.com]. We may require you to provide verification of your identity to provide a copy of the information we hold. We will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe and, in any event, within any timeframe required by law.
Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your information where we have the right to do so under applicable data protection legislation. You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
9. Updating your information
If you are a registered user of our website, you can access the personal data we hold about you via your account to review, correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate at any time by. It is your obligation to submit true, accurate and complete information to your account and to keep it up to date. You may also update or delete your personal data by contacting us, using the contact details provided below (see section 14).
If you opted to receive newsletters, commercial emails or other communications from us or third parties at the time you registered on this website but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by following the opt-out instructions described in these communications.
10. Links to other Websites and Social Media Plugins
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. How is your data secured?
APETECH takes all technical and organizational measures required by law for the protection of your data in accordance with the current, general state of the art in technology, especially to protect the data against loss, falsification or access by unauthorized third persons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
13. How to contact us and our data protection officer?
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal data, please do so by way of contacting us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org